Thursday, May 25, 2006

Good Decision

So last week I found out that Train would be performing in Houston. I love Train. The first time I saw them live was when they played a summer tour at the (hated) Woodlands Pavilion. They were absolutely awesome live. I know I've said it before but I'm going to say it again and this is probably not the last time but; Pat Monohan: damn, that boy can sing! Damn.

Now, we've seen them perform since the Woodlands show at the Verizon Theatre in Bayou Place. This is where they played this time as well. This venue is fantastic for concerts. With space for 2450 bodies, there's not a bad seat in the house. The dilema of course was not whether we should go, but how we were going to pay for it. I made an executive decision and decided that I needed to go see train for my mental health and wellbeing. Yes, I did. So I took the Kroger money and gave it to Train and God bless them for coming to Houston. I needed to go because it would be a release for me to go and dance and sing my heart out for two hours. Which I did. I pity the chick sitting in front of me. I had my ear plugs in (you have to protect your delicate hearing, you know, all the professionals wear ear plugs, going deaf is just so 1997), so I couldn't hear myself sing a damn thing (I could hear the music fine), but I was just singing along like a fool. It was fabulous.

It was such a good show. They opened with Get Out from the latest album, did a range of songs from all their albums including the songs Meet Virginia, My Private Nation, All American Girl, in between they did an excellent version of Zeppelin's Over the Hills and Far Away (man, the boy can sing) and Drops of Jupiter which they ended with. For the encore, they did Cab and then, Aerosmith's Dream On. When they started Dream On, I lost my mind.

Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home