Monday, February 13, 2006

Random thoughts

Tomorrow is V-Day! I'm not one for lala flowers, but I will take some chocolates. Or ice cream or cake. Man, I wish I had some dessert right now. Why am I such a chocofiend? Last Thursday, DH and I went on a superduperdate to the MFAH to see the Basquiat exhibit. It was very cool. I have never really seen any artwork by Jean-Michel Basquiat before. It all seemed a little beyond me. Very choatic and hard for me to understand. I did see one painting that jumped out at me and that was Trumpet. As soon as I saw it, I thought, I like that one. And that was the only one! After perusing the Basquiat paintings, we moseyed on over to the Glassel Collection of African Gold which led on to other Gold exhibits. We wondered all over the place because Thursday is freeday at the museum and I've never been to alot of the exhibits in there. We need to do it again. After our lovely visit, we met a friend of DH at Brasil on Dunlavy. Being broke and wanting something sweet, I ordered a hot chocolate, something I've not had in at least 7 years. Oh man, let me tell you, the hot chocolate at Brasil awakened somesort of chocolate demon in me. It was devilish in it's chocolatey goodness. And, we had chocolate cupcakes with our hot chocolates. It was just wonderful. I made a mental note to have hot chocolate more often. Man, that was some good hot chocolate!
Oh, and I saw a lotus today. Same one. Twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home