Saturday, April 11, 2009

I will not feed my baby to dingos

OK. So it seems that my last post made some people in my real life a little nervous. Don't worry IRL peeps, I will not feed my baby to a dingo. I will continue to say how I feel, though, cos if I stop doing that, then, I really might start looking for a dingo...

In other news, Ray and I watched the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD and are now practising the five "S"s to calm a crying baby.

1. Swaddle
2. Side or stomach position
3. Shushing
4. Swing
5. Sucking

I have to say, the shit actually works.

We need to get a good sized blankie for swaddling cos apparently the 17 blankies that we have are all the wrong size. We have a new fangled swaddle contraption, but it doesn't work that well on Kiran. I think mainly cos she's so lean and long.

She is starting to discover her world around her. Looking at stuff and following you with her eyes. She also has beautiful periods of quiet alertness.

The cats are not at all interested in Kiran, though Tigey did let me know how he feels about formula feeding by peeing on the Similac bag that they gave us at the hopital.

Tigey says Breast is best!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there.. another option for your little one is a Peke Moe sleep sack - http://www.pekemoe.co.nz which worked really well to transition my boy from swaddling. all the best!! (oh and great news that you're not going to feed your baby to the dingoes! ;) hehehe)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous ibarra said...

are there even any dingoes in houston?

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home