Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's just not right

I think I just got the dumbest bill, evah.

The bill from Sprint was for $3.40.

Well first. let me back up. A bill from Sprint came addressed to me. This is unusual becase the cell phone bills from Sprint usually arrive addressed to Hubhub.

So the bill came, I let it hang around for a few days and then I opened it. We have Sprint PCS and have the plan, Sprint 50 at Home which allows us 50 minutes on free long distance on Sprint. I have never received a bill from Sprint for the land line before. We don't have any other long distance carrier. I use Gorilla Mobile to call internationally.

I looked at the bill to see what the charges were for. Well apparently, hubhub had faxed some documents to his entertainment lawyer in New York. The call to New York were free, the charges were for rubbish fees like
  1. Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
  2. In-State Access Recovery Fee
for a total of $2.98 and then tax on that $2.98 bringing the total to $3.40.

This irritated me just enough for me to call Sprint who told me nicely that even though there are no charges for the actual calls I still need to pay the other fees.

Gah!

It's just the principle of it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

They gotta make money somehow. They do it with fee!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the exact same bill. I called AT&T (which I loathe) that day, and switched my home long distance (we hardly ever use it either) to them. On the priciple that I'm not adding another d**m bill to my monthly quota, certainly not one for $3.40!!

You've been getting billed that $3.40/month on your home phone bill, probably (like I was). It just isn't as obvious a ripoff until it comes in its own effing envelope.

I can't understand why Sprint didn't get it together and include that stupid charge on my cell bill once AT&T stopped hosting it (we have Sprint PCS as well). It's all quite silly.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant "d**n bill" of course. Because damn is spelled with an N at the end. Which I obviously forgot, in the heat of the silliness. Sigh.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home