Monday, February 12, 2007

Have you ever?

You know, when you live in a different country from which you grew up, you tend to miss certain things about the country you grew up in. For me, it's usually the food, I mean, of course it's The Food, what kind of Singaporean would I be, if I didn't talk about the food but I also miss the drinks.

One of the things I used to miss most was Tiger beer. I've never really been much of a beer drinker. When I first got to Texas, I used to drink the odd Shiner ever now and then, but wishing I had a Tiger. I would always buy it duty free on my way back from Singapore to the States and ration it out. I think I drank it more for the fact that it was familiar than the fact that I really cared for a beer. It was special because you couldn't buy it in Texas. And then I read that Tiger Beer was going to be distributed in the United States by Anheuser Busch. Woo hoo! That's great, I thought, we're going to be able to get Tiger in Houston and then, I promptly forgot.

That is, until now. While traipsing along in our neighbourhood Kroger, I happened to cast my eyes upon the following:

Cue the music.

Roll the music.

Ready in

3

2

1

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice little surprise. So did you buy them all, or just one?
:-)

11:12 AM  
Blogger singaporegrrl said...

Just one.

12:42 PM  
Blogger mini said...

give that girl a tiger! :)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Does it taste the same?

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home