Thursday, January 11, 2007

Current reading list

In keeping with my plan of reading more, here are the books that I am currently reading;

  1. The End of Poverty by Jeffrey Sachs
  2. Getting Things Done by David Allen
  3. Winning by Jack Welch

The End of Poverty is a book that I picked up for myself (how boring am I?). The other two books were prescribed, so to speak, by work. I'm still wallowing through the Getting Things Done book, it's hard to get that one done, but it is teaching me things about being better organized in order to get lots of other things done, but it is kind of dry.

I'm just starting the Jack Welch book. It is in line with our company goal, visualization or maybe theme for the year. We will be reading it as a company. Should be interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

Interesting. Mum is working on putting books on her "to read" list. She reads lots of non-fiction.

She said she has read other Jack Welch books, lots on the SixSigma stuff. But then she works for GE.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Lawfrog said...

It's really ironic that the Getting Things Done book is so dry and hard to get done. Gotta love that:)

Let me know how The End of Poverty is. I'm always looking to add books to my reading list.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know any of those books, but The End of Poverty sounds like it would be very interesting. I just finished reading Eragon and The Rest Falls Away. I think you would like the second one.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home