Saturday, December 16, 2006

Finally, something to blog about

[live blogging]
Hubhub gets lights for tree!

So I've been lollygagging around all day. And by lollygagging, what I really mean is I've been formatting a hard drive and clean installing XP Pro and its 117 updates on a computer for a friend. During the time when I'm waiting for the next prompt on the install, I decided that I would blog a little.

But I couldn't think of anything riveting to blog about. But now, a ha! Inspiration has struck. About 5 PM, Ray (hubhub) decided that he was going to go buy lights for the Christmas tree. He just got back about 10 minutes ago complaining that all the shops had sold out of Christmas lights and that he finally found lights at out neighbourhood hardware store. And thus the light installation begins:

  1. Remove lights from box
  2. Shout at cat who immediately runs up to suss out what the dangling toy in Ray's hand is.
  3. Start putting lights on tree
  4. Shout at other cat who has sauntered over to snoopervise.
  5. Find that plug on lights do not reach the socket
  6. Finagle power strip to reach lights plug.
  7. Determine that more lights are needed.
  8. Dash off to previously mentioned hardware store to buy more lights before it closes in 12 minutes.
  9. Come back from hardward store with more lights and extension cord.
  10. Gently suggest to wife that she get dressed as we are supposed to be meeting cousin J for dinner at 6.
Wife says, "But it's 6 right now."

Hubhub says, "I know, why don't you get ready?"
[/live blogging]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me chuckle. I can just envision this entire event. Please don't let Ray know I giggled!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TeeHeeHee

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home