Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday, tax free.

It (sales) tax free weekend in Texas this weekend. I went to the Galleria to get some new clothes for work. I was there at 10 and split at 12 when it started to get a little "hectic". Funny thing happened while I was there: I was walking to Ann Taylor Loft and I could see this Chick With Clipboard (CWC) coming my way. I'm walking quickly, and I know I look like I'm on a mission. I see CWC zoning in on me. I try to avoid her but it's too late. I immediately start thinking up an exit strategy from her approach. I'm sure she's going to ask me if I want to participate in a survey. CWC finally stops me and asks me if I would like to sign up for, wait for it; a modeling class.

What? I chuckle (yes, I chuckle) and tell her, "Sorry, hon, I'm 32." CWC gets a little flustered and says that the classes are for all ages. I suppose I was flattered, but at the same time, it's not like she was a professional scout. I chuckled because I used to teach classes like that in SG.

I got some new outfits for my new, fantastic-and-so-meant-for-me, job. It was a hectic week and there are tons and tons of things to learn and absorb, but I'm loving it. Thanks for all y'alls (Damn, I'm Texan!) good wishes and compliments and binkies, baby! They are much appreciated.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hon ... from the few pictures I've seen you, you do look good. You have the height too! Why not? Hope you signed up for the class. Never know what will come next. Go for it lah.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

I hate those people at the mall! I do everything in my power to avoid them from giving them the evil eye to walking the longest route possible around them. The worst is when they have perfume or cologne, and they are constantly spraying it into the air. I hate that the most.

Shopping is the best! I really need to get some new shoes today at some point! ;)

-Marina

10:22 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

ok my dear, don't be shy. you were once a model when you were a teenager.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

What is so funny about these people is that they'll offer you excessive compliments...just to get some money out of you!

I guess, in our society, there are a lot of desperate people, hungry for affirmation.

And, wait! Yes, the perfume people are annoying, but what about the constant barrage of "Would you like to apply for our store credit card? You'll get 15% off your purchase today!"

UGH!

Having said all of this, I do think you are stunning enough to be a model--32 or not! If you don't attend the modeling school, you could at least build a catwalk for your house and strut!

7:29 AM  
Blogger mini said...

hey why doesn't anyone stop me to sign up for modeling classes? huh? huh? :)

ps. the galleria mall is huge! i remember going there while visiting a friend in houston. i was quite awed coming from NC at that time haha

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Oh god, I am going to make a personal commitment to use the word 'binkies' at least once a day from now on :).

I am so pleased your job came through for you - haven't visited for a week or so.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home