Sunday, August 20, 2006

On the brighter side.

So I called around a few places to see about the wheel. Apparently, a new wheel really would cost about $4oo. Per wheel. Which, personally I think is crazy. Did you see the picture? Would you pay $400 for that? I think not.

I called up Keith at friendly Auto Place Across the Street from my old job to ask for recommendations on where to get a salvage tire or get the wheel repaired. I called the recommendations and decided to go to the wheel repair place on Saturday. I asked Keith to order the tire/tyre and picked it up on Saturday and took it to the wheel repair place. The wheel repair place turned out to be a custom shop, like you see on MTV, West Coast Customs, but much more low key. Very interesting.

The final damage:
Tire: $157 + tax
Wheel Repair: $175 + tax

boo! hiss! for unscheduled car repairs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Way to be creative, though! Most people wouldn't have thought to get it repaired, but just blindly paid the cost for a new one!

Stinks to shell out that much money at all, though.

10:59 AM  
Blogger singaporegrrl said...

reduce, reuse, recycle!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home