Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Through the flood

Holy cow, was it raining today! I had my interview at 9 and the rain was just lashing down. It was a slow drive but I got to the exit for the building at 10 til 9. I was 0.8 miles away. Those last 0.8 miles took me half an hour. I called them when I got off the freeway, and told them that I was almost there and might be a little late because of the weather. They told me to take my time, be careful. When I made the u-turn, the feeder road on the other side of the highway was flooded. Yikes. I have a car car, not an SUV or a truck. I inched my car along, till I got to the ramp for the freeway, then I saw a stalled out 7 series BMW on the feeder, I got chicken and got on the freeway again. I took the next exit, which led me to the building next to the building my interview was in. It was a car dealership. I thought, well I'll park here and go to the next building. The dealership itself was flooded. I had to get out of there. So I went around again again. On my second approach, I could see more cars going straight on the feeder, so I thought I'd chance it. I saw a Maxima up there, so I thought I could make it.

Oh.
my.
gawd.

The water was so fricking high! I was shaking, gripping onto the steering wheel, hoping that I wouldn't stall out. The intake on my car is really low. I just went as slowly as I could. It seemed to take forever but I got out of there and was on dry road. What a relief. I was still shaking when I pulled in to the parking garage and parked.

And then. The Second Interview.

I met with the Head Guy and chatted with him about all sorts of stuff. I think it went very well. I am very, very, very hopeful. I met with the other person that I would be working with and everybody was very positive and cheery around the office.

Yay! Fingers crossed!

3 Comments:

Blogger mini said...

u should be given the job just for braving the flood!!! omg!

4:49 PM  
Blogger singaporegrrl said...

hee hee! Thanks!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Oooh, good luck! I have graphic memories of helping my Ma to push our Morris Minor van out of a rising flood when I was about ten years old ... very scary stuff indeed!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home