Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Viva FIFA

Now that I have regained my sanity because I have my appointment for Friday, I can focus on other tasks at hand. Such as why is it so difficult to follow the World Cup in the U.S. of A.

Hello?

::crickets::

This is the WORLD CUP.

I'm not able to watch it live because of the time difference, and apparently none of the radio stations are carrying it. I spent half and hour on Monday trying to find the USA vs. Czech Rep. on the radio while driving. I finally found something on the AM band, in Spanish, that sounded like it could be a football broadcast. I kept waiting to hear certain keywords like GOL!!!! or futbol, but I never did and I still don't know if what I was listening to was even a football game, nevermind USA vs. Czech Rep.

I need to brush up on my Spanish here. Especially here in Texas.

Seriously.

The only way for me to follow what's going on live is to go to fifaworldcup.yahoo.com and read the live matchcasts. Not the best, because I really want to see it, you know, not read it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

I am *sure* that my East European lodger contingent have been watching at least some of the games online ... perhaps on the BBC site. But I am not sure. I will see if I can find out ...

12:23 PM  
Blogger singaporegrrl said...

That would be wonderful. I read that the BBC broadbandcasts are only for UK residents though.

boo!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home