Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Saturday

On Saturday, I needed to go to the post office to get a stamp to mail a postcard. We decided to cycle. The closest post office open on Sat'day is the one downtown. Not too far. We cycled down and man! it just kept getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Damn Houston heat. Then we get to the post office and there's an unusually long queue. Apparently, they have installed "state of the art new software" and the employees are still getting accustomed to it. When I finally got up to the counter, the post office dude couldn't figure out how to ring up my $0.24 stamp, so he gave it to me for free!

I've been wanting to take a picture like this for a long time.

Later that afternoon, we went to the Westheimer Street Festival which unbeknownst to either of us has now morphed into Westfest Compressed. This would explain why the fest was only like 4 blocks.

First band we saw, Chango Jackson. They were pretty good.

Um, this dude is Mic Skills

The dude on the right there is Cinema. Pretty good.

We came to see Perseph 1. She was excellent as usual.

Sing it, grrl!

DH in b-boy stance with Perseph1.

In the evening, we went to the Pan African Festival to check out our good friends, D.R.U.M. Check out this dude and his amazing face art.

D.R.U.M.

Crowd gets into it.

Rasta Gene Kelly (DH made up this caption)

Babygrrl is too. damn. cute.

Both festivals were free. Good times were had by all.

3 Comments:

Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Rasta Gene Kelly - purfect

3:13 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I love that you call him DH. I totally forgot about that. I used to be on this whiny mom's yahoo group and everyone used DH. DD, DS, etc. I had no idea what it meant for the loooongest time.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Philea said...

You went to UNT?? Me too!! I worked in Dallas for 3 years b4 moving to NYC. Still miss TX and friends there some times.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home