Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Losing my language

I have a bad habit of reading too fast. So fast that sometimes I misread things. Like today I read a Yahoo news headline that said, "Giant mum on steroid claims against Bonds". I thought to myself, "man, who is this giant mum that they are talking about? that's very odd". The actual headline read "Giants mum on steroid claims against Bonds". What a difference one letter can make. Of course, I'm sure that this stems from 1) my lack of sports knowledge and 2) my speedy reading problem which in turn I am sure is due to my lack of patience for slow anything. I need fast thoughts and fast ideas and even faster comprehension. If you can't keep up, you will be left behind! Damn, that's arrogant. {Mental note} must try to be less arrogant and slow down! Remember that time you got a speeding ticket on your birthday?{/Mental note} And besides, it's obvious that I'm too fast for myself, what with misreading this and that. Also trying to work on that multi tasking thing, which I haven't made any progress in considering that while writing this entry, I was working in Illustrator and Photoshop and Word laying out a label template and printing it to check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home