Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finally got the nerve up.

100 Things about me. Part One - 1 to 25

1. My real name is Kerry.
2. That is my second name, not my first.
3. My first name is Lynette.
4. I was called Lynette for the first year of my life, or so, until another little girl named Lynette moved to our street and my mother declared that "there can't be two Lynettes on one street" because she didn't like the name my father had bestowed upon me. From then on, I was called Kerry.
5. My father named me Lynette because when I was born, I was small, like a kitchenette.
6. I was born in Singapore on my mother's birthday in 1973.
7. I am a Libra.
8. I have one older sister.
9. She's not talking to me right now.
10. This quite upsets me, but I'm helpless to change it.
11. My favourite toys when I was a child were Matchbox cars.
12. I never had a barbie doll, thank God.
13. I fell off my bmx bicycle when I was 12 and fractured my skull.
14. I took French as my second language in Secondary School in Singapore and got an F9 in French for my 'O' Levels.
15. I took French as my second language in University in the U.S. and got an A every semester for 4 semesters.
16. I prefer American French to Singapore French.
17. I also scored an E8 for Bible Knowledge in my 'O' Levels, my mother was quite alarmed.
18. I am the first person in my family to go to university.
19. My father thought I would fail my 'O' Levels. I did not, other than French, of course.
20. I went to Ngee Ann Polytechnic after 'O' Levels to study Mass Communication.
21. I was one of 10 'O' Level students accepted that year.
22. For kicks, I joined the freshman orientation beauty pageant in 1990. I won and was crowned Miss Ngee Ann. (snickers)
23. My best friend was crowned Miss Singapore/World when we were both at Ngee Ann. (she snickers)
24. I learned how to ride a motorcyle before I learned how to drive and got my license in 1991.
25. Some of my closest friends today are the friends that I made in Ngee Ann. We are all of mixed ethnic heritage.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

oh dear! i don't believe this. jon and i studied in business studies at ngee ann polytechnic from 1990 and 1993.

i think i know who you are. i remember a tall and slim gal won ms ngee ann beauty pageant.

you like to wear black t-shirt and jeans to school. all your friends seem to like the same dress code.

let me know if that's you.

11:35 AM  
Blogger singaporegrrl said...

Sharon,
OMG, I'm LMAO over here! I did favour the black t and jeans look and did my other girls. How funny! It must be me!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home