Thursday, February 23, 2006

Finally got the nerve up Part 3

100 things about me - Part 2 - 51 to 75.

51. I was in Northern Ireland in 1980 when John Lennon died.
52. I was in Belfast in 1994 when Kurt Cobain died.
53. I was in Houston when Princess Di was killed.
54. Even though I wasn't a big fan of her music, the death of Aaliyah, really upset me. I was in Houston when she died.
55. 9/11/01 made me realise I wasn't ready to die.
56. I flew to Singapore on 10/11/01. It was an uneventful flight.
57. On this trip, I went to Singapore with a girlfriend of mine from Houston, and we did all the touristy things and went to all the touristy places. The whole experience completely exhausted me and I swore to myself that the next person I bring home, better bloody well be the man that I am going to marry, because I can't take much more of this.
58. I met my husband on 12/10/01.
59. On 3/11/04, Ray and I went to Singapore so he could meet my parents.
60. On 7/16/04, Ray proposed and I accepted. yay!
61. We were married on 10/2/05. double yay!
62. We're newlyweds. :)
63. When I was younger, I never thought about what my wedding would be like, but I did have the idea that I would be married by the time I was 27 in my head. Needless to say, 27 came and went and I was not married, nor did the prospect of marriage even seem likely.
64. I'm glad I'm not 27 any more!
65. On boxing day of 1990, my mother, my sister and I went to Little India so I could get my nose pierced. This was not too painful. It hurt less than getting my ears pierced.
66. In 1995, I went went to Johnny Two Thumb in Far East Plaza with my good friends A and L to get my navel pierced. This was incredibly painful. The piercer said he was done, but he wasn't completely done. I sat up and immediately passed out because I forgot to breathe while he was stabbing, ahem, piercing me with the needle after I paid him to do it.
67. I actually wanted to get my tongue pierced but A talked me out of it. Can you imagine?
68. I've always wanted a tattoo but I'm scared to get one. Just thinking about getting one makes my heart pound.
69. I prefer tea over coffee. I only like black tea and rarely ever drink other types of teas, fruit teas, herbal teas etc.
70. When I say tea, I mean hot tea with milk, or in my case, Silk soy creamer.
71. I like to eat pizza with a knife and fork. My husband says it makes me look like an elitist when I do this!
72. In 1998, I visited the indoor observation deck of Tower 2 of the World Trade Center in New York. Amazing.
73. I have a bad habit on not being able to do one thing at once. While writing this list, I could be checking my bank balance, writing an email, updating my blog template, making a phone call and looking at cat blogs. It's a very bad habit.
74. I got braces when I was, um, 24. I still don't think my teeth are straight enough. Bottom front are getting crookedy now. I wish I could get braces again to straighten the buggers out.
75. My husband has the most perfect teeth I have ever seen. I envy his teeth. Americans always have perfect teeth, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home