Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Finally got the nerve up Part 2

100 things about me - Part 2 - 26 to 50.

26. When I was in Ngee Ann, I never thought about going to university.
27. Ended up going to university after all, in Texas!
28. At uni, I was often chatted up by guys speaking Ethiopian. Aparently I look very Ethiopian. Not starving Marvin Ethiopian but classic regular Ethiopian. I don't have any Ethiopian in me.
29. My first car was a 1985 Honda CRX that I bought in 1995 with 93,000 miles on it. I had it for 5 years and put 60,000 more miles on it. That car was a champ! Except once the cassette player broke while driving from Austin to Round Rock and I couldn't get the tape out.
30. Once, in 1993, while being driven from Sydney to The Farm, some 4 hours in a direction I can't remember from Sydney, by JP and TN, the cassette player broke in that car too. At the next stop, JP gauged the cassette out of the machine with a screwdriver. I think so we could listen to the radio.
31. At that same farm, the boys went fox hunting, and killed two. They brought them back to skin them. Skinning foxes stinks. Literally.
32.I don't eat chicken, beef, pork or turkey. I have been known to very rarely eat lamb. I eat fish. I try not to eat shellfish.
33. I love all kinds of vegetables, I'm a very picky eater.
34. I used to be addicted to drinking Coke, but gave it up because Dear Husband, fiancé at the time, stopped drinking it to lose weight. He lost over 20 lbs over 6 months. I lost 10 lbs.
35. I love my husband.
36. I'm a bit of a rambler.
37. I'm a stickler for the truth.
38. I love chocolate anything. I try not to have it in the house cos I would just eat it.
39. I like cake.
40. I don't like dessert made from staples like bread, rice or beans.
41. I'm painfully private and writing this list makes me nervous.
42. My husband's name is Ray. He's a filmmaker.
43. He made a documentary on the hisory of black rock called Electric Purgatory that's screening in Houston on Feb. 20, 2006.
44. Making movies is hard work. That's why I'm not a filmmaker, I just married one.
45. The first city I arrived into, in the U.S. was Austin, TX. Austin was my first impression of the whole country. It was a great first impression, but not representative!
46. I went to university in Denton, TX, which was a bit of a shock, coming from Singapore via Austin.
47. One of the first things that struck me when I went to university was the common use of illegal drugs and underage drinking. I was 20, the legal age in SIN is 18, but it's 21 in the Texas. Not so fun.
48. I was a nerd in university. I studied a lot and partied little. What a bore!
49. Once I left my apartment to go to class with my cow house slippers on my feet. I had to turn around and come back and put real shoes on.
50. I was driving back to my apartment in the famed CRX when they announced the OJ Simpson verdict.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home