Tuesday, November 22, 2005

untitled

I read with excitement today that Mrs. brown had the baby! Congratulation Mr. & Mrs brown. I have been reading mrbrown.com since 1997 - so long ago! I don't even remember how I came across it. I kept coming back to read the Singapore National Educational writings, they were so funny. I read when Faith was born, so exciting, kept checking back for sporadic postings and SNEs. And then Isaac was born, also v. exciting. Then the new site and format changes. And now, ta-dah! Joy is born. tee hee. I'm so excited like I actually know these people. Kind of, but not really. Quite strange but maybe not. I've followed their lives, albeit, the side that they allow the public to see, and I feel compassion for them, even though I have never met nor spoken or even seen one single brown in my life!

On the flip side, one of my boss's father passed away today. Being such a small company, he would come in to the office every now and again, have lunch with us. He was a joker and always had fascinating stories to tell. He had been sick for the past few weeks, so I suppose this wasn't out of the blue. But even if you can see it coming, it doesn't make it easier to deal with when it arrives, I think.

I think life is amazing and fantastic and I try not to take it for granted. I choose to cherish the people that I care about in my life. I can only hope that they know this. Life is too short not to be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home