Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Left Foot

Finally got the car back yesterday, in the torrential rain, of course. I'm very glad to have the eclipse back. It's such a pleasure to drive, compared to the rubbishrentalcar, although I was grateful to have, really brought me no joy to drive. I've always enjoyed driving and I would really like to go on one of those race car driving school things that you can do. The closest track is the Texas Motor Speedway which they built when I was living in Denton, oh so close by!, but I don't know if they do that there. I think it would be fun. And I probably better do it quick before I get too old and chicken.

We went go-kart, excuse me, Super Kart racing on Sunday. It was only the second time I had ever done that, the first round I was seriously driving like a grannie, but I got the hang of it the second lap and then by the 3rd, we had to stop. It made my head hurt though, I think because of the recent auto accident, but we went 4 times. Then it started to drizzle and the track became incredibly slick. JAM spun out and I had to stop and did a little spin. There was no pile up cos it was just the 2 of us in the Super Karts. It was funny though. I realised when I was driving the Kart, before the rain, that I was sticking close to the inside line/crash bar. I was experimenting with different gas/brake combinations around the corners. Yes, yes all very riveting reading, I know, I'm such a bore. Too bad I didn't get to continue my research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home