Thursday, September 01, 2005

NOLA

The devastation of New Orleans, is just mind boggling. They are bussing people out of the Superdome to the Astrodome here in Houston. The DHS has cleared the astrodome to be used until December. There was a report that they had to stop life flight evacuations because somebody shot at a military helicopter. They had a report on the tv news last night about a man and his family in their car parked in front of the astrodome demanding to be let in because he has been turned away from all the shelters in Houston. He said, "what else can I do? where else can I go? I have to take care of my family." Another similar story from the Chronicle. It is just heartbreaking. The people are going nuts looting in NO, but they don't appear to be receiving any aid, food or water because the aid can't get to them. I don't know how else they can survive. It's one thing to steal food, but something else to be stealing TVs and other electronics.

They say to give money. But if you can't give money the Houston Food Bank is having a food drive on 9/2/05 at certain HEB locations and at Channel 2 off of 59.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

My heart goes out to the rescue workers who are trying to help but are getting shot at.

Thanks for linking to me :)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home